Ahh, it's springtime. If you live in many parts of the country, this is a welcome relief. We can all stop hibernating and enjoy the outdoors.
Springtime is also time of regrowth and presents a wonderful opportunity to practice new poses with your kids, your preschool classes, and your children's yoga classes. If you took our Pretzel Kids yoga online course, you already know how many wonderful spring-themed yoga postures you can do with kids, including many original and super fun Pretzel Kids poses. But, we wanted to take this opportunity to share with you a set of awesome spring poses that you can turn into a fun and easy children's yoga activity. We are lucky enough to have wonderful demonstrators: Pretzel Kids yoga teacher Becky Ebling and her yoga student. We're ready to have some fun with Becky and Pretzel Kids yoga! Are you?
Follow along with Becky to learn to teach "seed to tree", step by step:
1) Becky and our little Pretzel Kid start out in seed pose (aka child's pose)
2) The seed grows into a sprout (aka kneeling hero pose)
3) That sprout grows into a flower (all the way on your knees with arms raised overhead)
4) The flower becomes a TREE!
5) Tree pose can be done many ways, including with your arms up and with a partner!
Check out our awesome slide show below and see for yourself how Becky and some of our favorite Pretzel Kids practice seed to tree pose!
What's your favorite springtime kids yoga pose? We'd love to hear from you!